- Transform the previous 4.0 prototype into a manufacturable, cost-effective, and user-friendly product that can be deployed in volume to vehicle fleets.
- Design for manufacturing phase.
- Opportunity to created new and novel processes and methods to solve problems that had been an issue for the project in the past.
In this project our team was comprised of:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Development
- Hardware Development
- Project Management
This project required multiple skillsets including:
- Deep problem-solving skills
- Material science
- Automotive design,
- Controls algorithms,
- User-friendly design.
- The process to generate hydrogen required a deep understanding of how the materials reacted with each other.
- During the reaction, the material changes state creating a cake-like powder.
- This powder would clog the internals of the reactor in previous designs impacting the reaction.
- The Hendey Group created a novel design that eliminated this issue.
- We also developed a control algorithm that allowed better control of the reaction.
- The client was very pleased that we were able to overcome issues that had previously hindered the project.
The Hendey Group Team
- We have a manufacturing background,
- Mechanical competency,
- Electrical experience,
- A team with a broad set of experiences able to understand the customer’s needs with confidence.